Developed with neuroscientist Dr. Robert Cooper, the inception of the Y Scouts Leadership Model is still the proven model used today.
Deborah began her career in executive search in 2006 when Linkedin was still a start-up and cold-calling directly into potential candidates’ workplaces was the status-quo. Through this skin-thickening experience, she realized her ability to leverage her fiery determination and resilience to produce high-caliber talent for some very challenging searches. She also realized her fascination with what people do for a living, and more importantly WHY they do it.
Deborah spent the next 14 years in executive recruitment roles with traditional search firms placing leadership candidates in a variety of functions and industries but with a significant focus on product development and manufacturing. She joined Y Scouts as a Search Director in January of 2020 because the idea of connecting people and companies with work that matters resonated with her desire to marry work with purpose.
As an Arizona near-native, Deborah is thrilled to be part of the Valley’s only purpose-driven search firm. When she is not busy building relationships with great leaders, Deborah enjoys sharing life with her amazing husband and young-adult children or throwing on a pack and exploring a deep canyon or craggy mountain range.
A little more about me:
- Nothing makes me feel more alive than spending time hiking deep into a Canyon or summiting a craggy peak.
- One of the best parts of my job is listening to the often fascinating and inspiring stories of candidates and business leaders.
- Some of the best Saturday nights involve the smell of garlic and onions sizzling on the stove, a glass of red wine, and the jazz greats playing on the stereo.
- A fast sports car is fun, but I’d take an Airstream trailer over that, any day.
- Arizona mornings are pure magic.
- If I could spend time with any dead poet, I would take a long walk in the woods with Mary Oliver.
- My kids are pretty awesome, just sayin’…