MJ brings 4 years of experience working directly with Cannabis Executives from single state applicants, vertically integrated MSOs, and ancillary business to ensure financial stability at every stage of their business’ life cycle. Combined with 10 years of experience in human capital, MJ is well-suited to support all strategic growth efforts.
MJ started his career in cannabis when he was tasked to build the Cannabis Division for a company providing financial services solutions through fractional staffing to small, mid, and enterprise businesses. This was a unique time for cannabis in Illinois as the state was preparing to become legal for adult recreational use. Identifying a need to help guide IL dispensary applicants, and after encouragement from several industry leaders, MJ founded a consulting firm called Noble Cannabis Consultants. His firm provides applications & licensing solutions and financial services including financial model and forecasting, fund-raising strategy, pitch deck creation and review, M&A strategy, and auditing compliant accounting procedures, to cannabis businesses of all shapes and sizes.
A human capital and staffing veteran, MJ spent the first 5 years of his sales career at CareerBuilder where he led the most profitable mid-market division (retail). Over the next 6 years, MJ helped launch two successful IT marketing firms, selling multi-million dollar targeted marketing campaigns to Enterprise clients like Cisco, Dimension Data, and Juniper, and landing on the Inc. Fastest Growing Companies list. Wanting to combine his experience in both IT and staffing, MJ moved to a Chicago-based IT staffing firm specializing in senior and executive-level roles.
With a deep, personal connection to cannabis as a medical patient, years of experience building partnerships, businesses, and teams from the ground up, and a natural passion for helping people succeed – MJ is ready to help Y Scouts grow.
- Two beautiful children and my best friend as my partner, doesn’t get much better than that!
- Love long-distance motorcycle rides. The longest trip so far was 2,800 miles from Chicago to New Orleans, following the Great River Road along the Mississippi River.
- Big hiking enthusiast with a bucket list goal of hiking the Pacific Crest Trail!
- Spent the first part of my career as an Actor and Screenwriter in Los Angeles.
- Cannabis saved my life! Now I’m on a mission to remove the stigma associated with this incredible plant, fight for social equity, and help launch/grow the careers of passionate cannabis professionals