Developed with neuroscientist Dr. Robert Cooper, the inception of the Y Scouts Leadership Model is still the proven model used today.
Melissa is an Arizona native, graduating from Arizona State University with a bachelor’s in Psychology and Marketing. She was drawn to executive search because it provides a fast-paced, dynamic environment, the opportunity to drive organizational impact, and constant collaboration to strategize and solve big problems.
She began her career at one of the top executive search firms in Arizona and joined Y Scouts in 2017, where she focuses mainly on the Health & Wellness practice and has successfully executed on C-Suite, President level, VP level, and Director level roles.
She is known for her relentless work ethic, her ability to quickly establish genuine connections with a wide range of individuals, her energy, and resilience. Outside of work, Melissa is a voracious reader, documentary watcher, and podcast listener, a Big Sister with Big Brothers Big Sisters and enjoys boxing to clear her mind.
A little more about Melissa:
- An avid reader with a full bookcase instead of a TV in her apartment
- She can’t sit still for too long- you’ll find her biking and hiking around Phoenix on the evenings and weekends
- Loves boxing, yoga and hip hop dance classes
- Cookie dough is her guilty pleasure
- Shooting a documentary, writing a book and traveling the world are just a few items on her extensive bucket list