You could be here.
Developed with neuroscientist Dr. Robert Cooper, the inception of the Y Scouts Leadership Model is still the proven model used today.
As one of the few Arizona-natives, my background started by wearing the Xavier gator plaid skirt, then the University of Arizona wildcat (bear down!), and getting my accountancy feet wet in the Audit department of the Deloitte (and Touche at the time) Phoenix office. I recently spent 6.5 years at Keap (formerly Infusionsoft), ending as the Manager of Commissions and Accounts Receivable. When I became a people leader is when I indeed found fulfillment and a deeper “why” of what I can bring to a team. I must care; it’s just in my bones.
Y Scouts has felt like home since day one. Our purpose to connect people to work that matters speaks to me on a personal level as I truly believe one can be happy in their job if you find the right mutual fit that goes deeper than a skill set and job description. I am tickled that a role in finance and people even exists. As the Director of Finance and People, I will work diligently to lead the Growth Enablement efforts of Y Scouts. I support our fearless crew members to crush goals in a delightful, positive, trusting environment, so our people don’t have to worry about the finances. I strive to make the experience a smooth, streamlined, hiccup-free one during each search while building upon the already strong culture that is deeply rooted in our four core values. I feel genuinely blessed, honored, proud, and humbled to work alongside such intelligent, eager to learn, warm, fun individuals. It brings me great joy to know we are helping top-quality leaders find their home in a purpose-driven workplace just as I have.
A little more about Jenny:
- I am an Excel Trainer by night
- I’m a gold medalist Irish dancer
- I’ve eaten raw horse, chicken and pufferfish/fugu
- Love anything outdoors (camping, hiking, running, traveling)
- The Strength Finder Achiever in me welcomes a good challenge
- Working toward becoming a Les Mills Body Pump instructor
- I’ll answer to Jen, Jenny, Jennifer, even Jenny from the Block and Fo’ Shizzle
- I wake up on the right side of the bed almost every day
- Next on the bucket list: great white shark diving
- Multipliers is my favorite leadership book thus far, and I strive to live it out daily. Winning the Multiplier Award is one of my favorite acknowledgments.
- I genuinely see the best in people and am curious about learning who they are and how I can help them live that out.