It’s a time to revisit the big questions that reoccur at every professional turn and transition, that new grads are just confronting: What lies ahead for me? How do I construct my career with purpose and define success on my own terms?
This insightful article from First Round Review shares 6 pieces of career wisdom we all can use:
1. Picture your career as a painting, not a ladder.
2. Nurture your rookie spirit. It will serve you for your entire career.
3. When you make tenacity a part of your identity, it can help you tune out the naysayers.
4. Before you reach out to a potential mentor, be specific about what you want out of mentorship.
5. Take ownership of your career by proactively managing your manager.
6. You’re allowed to quit when you’re unhappy. But make sure you’re not quitting because you’re impatient.