Hiring quotes can be a good way to not lose sight of the big picture.
Your company depends on hiring the right people who have a blend of purpose, personality and professional skills. To help you hire the right people to grow your business, here are 10 Top Hiring Quotes.
10. “Human Resources isn’t a thing we do. It’s the thing that runs our business.” – Steve Wynn, Wynn Las Vegas
9. “You need to have a collaborative hiring process.” – Steve Jobs
8. “You can’t teach employees to smile. They have to smile before you hire them.” – Arte Nathan, Former CHRO of Wynn Las Vegas
7. “Never hire someone who knows less than you do about what he’s hired to do.” – Malcolm Forbes, Former Publisher of Forbes
6. “When hiring key employees, there are only two qualities to look for: judgement and taste. Almost everything else can be bought by the yard.” — John W. Gardner
5. ”Recently, I was asked if I was going to fire an employee who made a mistake that cost the company $600,000. No, I replied, I just spent $600,000 training him. Why would I want somebody to hire his experience?” – Thomas John Watson Sr., first CEO at IBM and inspiration for name of Watson (computer)
4. “It’s more than just selling pizzas. It’s being a good fit for the community. We hire based on the betterment of the community as much as anything.” – Mark Starr, David’s Pizza.
3. “You can have the best strategy and the best building in the world, but if you don’t have the hearts and minds of the people who work with you, none of it comes to life.” – Renee West, President and C.O.O. at Luxor and Excalibur Hotel
2. “I am convinced that nothing we do is more important than hiring and developing people. At the end of the day you bet on people, not on strategies.” – Lawrence Bossidy, Former COO of GE and author
1. ”Do not hire a man (or woman) who does your work for money, but him (or her) who does it for the love of it.” – Henry David Thoreau, “Life without Principle“