Talent transforms organizations. That’s why Y Scouts hires and trains the very best executive headhunters and recruiters in Phoenix.
Our team at Y Scouts consists of experienced executive headhunters and recruiters who are local to the Phoenix employment market. We love placing executives in meaningful roles because we believe executive placements have the greatest ability to shape lives.
Wondering “why” our executive headhunters are driven to succeed? Meet our team.
Max Hansen, Co-Founder & CEO
Max has been lucky enough to spend his entire career focusing on putting people to work. His experiences range from working at a multi-billion dollar staffing company to organically growing Job Brokers from the ground up. Max co-founded Job Brokers in January of 2002 and has grown Job Brokers into a formidable multi-million dollar staffing company.
He has worked nearly every type of position in almost every industry over his career in the recruiting industry. Max has come to realize the most gratifying feeling in the recruiting business is connecting passionate clients and candidates with a purpose. This ultimately led him to understand his “why” of helping other executives discover their why.
A little more about Max:
- Father to an unbelievable son named Maxwell
- Enjoys coaching Maxwell’s sports teams
- Avid golfer (not great, but good enough to consistently beat B. Mohr)
- Relentlessly pursues a healthy work life balance
- Insanely connected in the Valley
- Great backgammon player
- Above average wit
- Vertically challenged
Brian Mohr, Co-Founder & VP of Growth
Brian began his post-college career in July of 1995; however, Brian believes his real career started in February of 2000. Joining a small employment technology start-up by the name of Jobing.com, Brian was lucky enough to be one of the founding members of the company and spent more than 10 years building the company from a small handful of employees to more than 375 with revenues reaching north of $37MM. Building the Jobing.com team and consulting with thousands of employers, Brian quickly recognized that people are the only real competitive advantage in business. Even more powerful, Brian realized if employees and companies connected on their bigger mission or purpose (the ‘Why’), the probability for success grows exponentially.
After having his fair share of working with executive headhunters in Phoenix, Brian connected with Max and Brett and together they decided to create a new search firm dedicated to connecting people and companies whose ‘Why’ are in alignment. As a founding member of Y Scouts, Brian passionately believes the high currency in today’s employment market is meaningful work, not just a paycheck.
A little more about Brian:
- Jackie’s husband
- Taylor’s and Riley’s dad
- Tom and Nancy’s oldest of three boys
- Passionate music enthusiast
- Above average Texas Hold ‘Em poker player
- Below average golfer
- Deathly afraid of, yet strangely obsessed with sharks
- Never met a store he couldn’t buy something at
- All around great dude
Paul Eisenstein, Executive Recruiter
When asked about his ‘why’, Paul proudly declares that it’s “putting a dent in the universe”. Paul joined the Y Scouts team in August 2012 and leads the growing Y Scouts talent community. He connects awesome people with fantastic opportunities.
Paul moved from St. Louis to Phoenix with his wife in June 2012 and is still trying to adjust to the “dry heat”. Prior to Y Scouts, Paul served as the first full-time employee and eventually V.P. of Finance and Operations at The Mission Continues, an innovative nonprofit dedicated to empowering returning military veterans to rebuild their sense of purpose. Paul has also worked at the Big Brothers Big Sisters mentoring program and ran a youth program through AmeriCorps. Paul earned his M.B.A. from Washington University in St. Louis and his Bachelor’s from Saint Louis University.
A little more about Paul:
- Married to the lovely Kim
- Volunteers with the Cleantech Open
- Enjoys monsoons; loves snowstorms
- Loves to fish but comes up empty way too much
- Grew up in Tucson playing in the creek/wash beds
- Big-time Cardinals (baseball) fan
Dee McCoy, Executive Talent Scout
Dee McCoy has spent the last 5 years helping great employers connect with great employees. At Y Scouts Dee is focused on helping executives find exciting opportunities aligned with their purpose.
Dee grew up in Chicago, where she studied Business and Media Management at Columbia College Chicago. Attending a school where art is passion and passion is art, she became intrigued with the idea of helping others find their purpose in work. Dee came to Phoenix in 2007 where she began her career in employment. Through working with thousands of organizations and professionals, Dee recognized a lack of attention to purpose in the recruiting process. Dee joined the Y Scouts team as an Executive Talent Scout in early 2013 to try and change that. Dee’s purpose is to, “help others do what they love”.
A little more about Dee:
- Married to the vivacious Jaymar
- Absolutely adores her 2 year old shih tzu terrier puppy, Lily
- One of her bucket list items is to visit the Ellen Degeneres Show
- Hopes that 80% of employees will feel like there is purpose in their work
- Visits San Diego at least 3 times every year (and walks Lily at Ocean Dog Beach)
- Wants to stop eating BBQ ribs, but can’t
Brett Farmiloe, Co-Founder & Advisor
Brett is driven by a single statistic: that more than half of the American workforce dislikes what they do for a living. This statistic led Brett to found a career education startup called Pursue the Passion, in which he and three friends traveled across the country in an RV to find out what makes people passionate about their work. The roadtrip included stops at Nike, Microsoft, the New York Times, Major League Baseball, the U.S. Capital and other places where he discovered the distinctions successful people make in their career approach.
Since publishing his book, Brett has delivered over 100 speeches from Alaska to Miami Beach on the findings of the Pursue the Passion project. As a founding member and advisor to Y Scouts, Brett continues on his mission to make “work” a fun word.
A little more about Brett:
- TK’s husband
- Thinks executive headhunters have the unique ability to improve lives
- Has owned an RV not once, not twice, but three times (and will never again)
- Visited 46 of the 50 states (Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire and Kansas are next)
- Executive at a Digital Marketing Agency in Phoenix
- Big fan of Studs Terkel, especially the book Working
- Way cooler online than in real life